It is a program that promotes the safe use, safe
storage and safe disposal of unneeded over-
the-counter medications, prescriptions and
narcotic drugs FREE of charge for community
The Crow Wing County community is serious
about preventing medication misuse/abuse
and serious about healthy, environmentally
safe disposal of unneeded medications. Safe
medication disposal helps reduce such risks.
There is a growing concern regarding the
abuse by youth and others of medications
not prescribed to them. Safe disposal
makes unneeded medicine less available.
Evidence is increasing of the damage to
the environment due to unsafe disposal of
medications. It is no longer safe to dispose
by flushing down sinks, toilets and/or
drains. Proper disposal helps protect our
soil and water
Any unneeded over-the-counter medications,
prescription or narcotic drugs can be
placed in The Box. Inhaler medications
in dispensers may be dropped off in The Box.
NO chemotherapy or radiation medication,
syringes, needles or sharps are
accepted at these "drop-off" sites.
Check medications regularly for expiration dates and
clean out medicine cabinets at least annually.
• Leave medication in the original container.
• Remove your name and other identifying information.
Black out with markers or peel information off.
• Leave the name of the medication and all other
information on the container.
• Drop medication bottles into the disposal box opening.
• Read and follow directions on all medications.
• Take the recommended dose - not more, not less.
• Don't share your prescription medicine with another or take someone else's medication.
• Keep all medication in a safe location that is unavailable to children, teens and guests.
• Lock up narcotics or mood altering medicines.
• Keep medicines in their original containers.
• Follow storage directions on the medicine.
• It is not safe to dispose by flushing down sinks, toilets and/or drains.
The Crow Wing County community is serious about preventing medication misuse/abuse and serious about healthy, environmentally safe disposal of unneeded medications. Safe medication disposal helps reduce such risks. There are now free medication disposal boxes located at several sites in Crow Wing County. The "drop off' box at each site will accept unneeded over-the-counter medications, prescriptions and narcotic drugs from community members.
Hours Vary by Location
304 Laurel St, Brainerd
8361 Co Rd 11, Breezy Point
2 2nd St SW, Crosby
37028 Co Rd 66, Crosslake
5442 City Hall St, Nisswa
4638 Co Rd 11, Pequot Lakes
Add a footnote if this applies to your business